Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rare plein air

With little time available lately for painting I thought I'd share another older painting. This is from October 2012 on a camping trip in Comb Wash, Utah:


"Campsite Cottonwood"

NFS
 
I started painting in August of 2012, so this is with a few months of experience under my belt. We had our horses with us and were there to ride, but I was coming off a cold and then my husband got it, far worse than what I had had. So, there was some down time and I took advantage of it and did a few small paintings from our campsite, just south of highway 95. This one is approximately 5" X 7".  So far I have done very little in the way of plein air, but I did enjoy how it was like a meditation of place, and how it stays with me, how it looked, how it felt. I miss being there so much, plans are in the works to spend more time there soon, after we have caught up with our sculpture business work :) I can hardly wait, it always feels like a part of me waits there for my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment