Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunrise on the Sierras

The photo reference for this came from WetCanvas's huge reference library, and was taken by member lisilk, who has a ton of wonderful photos uploaded for members to use. I cropped out a section I liked for the shapes of the hills and shadows. I was hoping to apply what I learned from the last painting. I think I picked a better photo to work from, as this one already has several layers to help create a feeling of space:



I wanted to focus on the shapes and not get too carried away in details. This one was fun, but I did get bogged down in the foreground, the color sorta threw me. Is it purple, green, yellow-purple-green?  I am hanging it on the aging wall to see if anything needs to be changed or added for it to be called finished:

No comments:

Post a Comment